Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Final Thoughts On NaNoWriMo '14

I hit 50,000 words on Thanksgiving--or the day after, I guess, given that it was about one o'clock in the morning. And I still had about 20,000 left at the most.
Tonight--before youth group started, with everyone talking and playing games--I finished my first ever first draft and got to type 'The End'.
Empty Alibi is 68, 6882 words long.
53 chapters. 9 parts.
It's done.
I'm happy, and sort of sad. I loved writing this book. I loved writing about Bethany and Elliot and Jules and Chapman, I loved killing people--creepy as that sounds--I loved listening to my novel playlist on repeat.
I love this book.
But gosh, I'm tired.
I'm taking all of December off from writing--and doing another reading challenge! :D--and then I'm starting back in January.
So.
NaNo.
I honestly think every writer should try NaNoWriMo at least once. Because it challenges you, and you know what? Even if you only write 10,00 or 15,00 or if you win and broke 50,000, you wrote. You wrote more than you would have written if you didn't do NaNo.
And it's fun. There's community, and it's fun knowing that there are other people doing this same crazy stuff as you.
ALSO.
WINNER GOODIES.
FREE COPIES OF YOUR BOOK PRINTED.
SUSCRIPTIONS TO AWESOME STUFF LIKE EVERNOTE AND SCRIVENER.
L O T S OF FUN.
So...will I be doing NaNo again next year?

Heck. To. The. Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a thought on this post?