Sunday, December 14, 2014

[Book Review] Killer Instinct

Lemme tell you guys a story.
Mariesa told me a while ago that The Naturals was really good, and I read about a quarter of it before it had to go back to the library. This is about two months or so ago.
And then, December Reading Challenge starts. I think, oh, hey, The Naturals! I'll finish that!
So I did. Last Sunday.
And I've been in a sort of reading slump waiting for the next one to get in at the library.
AND THIS AFTERNOON I GOT IT.
I GOT IT AT ABOUT 5 O'CLOCK
AND FINISHED IT
JUST NOW
SIX HOURS LATER.

IT WAS AN EMOTIONAL ROLLERCOASTER AND I SQUEALED AND SCREAMED AND LAUGHED AND I LOVE THESE BOOKS SO MUCH OKAY.

*coughcough* Okay. I'll stop screaming and, you know, actually review.

Killer Instinct-5 stars.

I'd Call It... YA Criminal Minds? It has a distinct Ally Carter-ish feel about it--brooding guys, thrilling chases, FBI involvement... no sign of Interpol, yet. ;)
In a Few Words... Cassie and co. pick up where The Naturals left off, only this time, someone's messing with Dean. Cue a freaky game that spans a few hundred pages, multiple dead ends--and bodies--AND squeal-worthy scenes between Cassie and Dean. <3
I'd recommend this to... Definitely not a children's book. :P Fairly graphic when it comes to the murders, and there's the creepy factor that comes with Cassie being a Natural profiler. Lia is questionable as always. :/ So...PG13?
I'm Left With... "I rose up on my toes, my body pressed against his, and returned the kiss, the pain in my face fading, washed away with the rest of the world, until there was only this moment--one that I hadn't thought I'd live to see."


Really though. Killer Instinct.
Jennifer Lynn Barnes, can I please have the third book? Pretty please? *bats eyes*
I just.
I cannot.

My ship sailed. 
My characters lived!
bUT I NEED MORE.

*pointed look at JLB and Jonathan Stroud*
I'm waiting on book three from both of you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a thought on this post?