Tuesday, January 6, 2015

2015: A Year of Exploration (AKA A Very Late New Year's Post)

     I wanted to do a New Year's Post on New Year's Eve, but on the 31st, I was burrowed under blankets and running a fever. So not much happened. And then on the 1st, I went and saw Into The Woods with my cousin, a friend, and their parents. And then a bunch of stuff happened and this morning I remembered: hey, I wanted to do something for 2015 before it gets too late!
So here. Have a (sort of maybe super late) New Year's post!


     Last Sunday, my Sunday School teacher asked us all a question: what is your word for 2014? I thought this was kind of funny, since I’d come across this same thing the day before and thought of my word.

     In 2015, my word is Explore. I want to explore a lot of things, but mostly I want to explore in my writing, my reading, my art, and in God. I want to push myself with my writing—blogging included. I want to read more of what I love and more of what I haven’t tried before. I want to explore new styles and techniques with my art (photography, classic art, and piano). And, lastly, I want to grow in my relationship with God and explore different parts and questions about God and Christianity.

We may be crazy but we have more fun. >:D
     2014 was wonderful. I made one of the best friends I have and really got to know another. I spent time with my family (well, less in November) and I got to do some pretty great things with my cousins. I wrote a novel. I learned so much on piano and am finally able to sit down and play without having to do a lot of practice before hand. I read so much. I actually made some okay art. I took a photography class and I’ve got a lot
of pictures on my computer because of it.
     2014 was a big year for me. It saw my first workshop, the finishing of my first novel, two piano recitals, and an action-packed summer. I changed in a lot of ways in 2014, and I stayed the same in others. Looking back at the past year feels really weird—wait, it’s 2015? But it was just 2010! And then it was just 2007! It can’t be 2015! I can’t be halfway through my freshman year of highschool! Or have my learner’s permit! No way.
And yet, I am. So here’s to another year of starry-eyed adventures and exploring new worlds.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a thought on this post?