Tuesday, September 2, 2014

OLD BOOKS!

My kindle has been dead for weeks now, because I lost my charger and have been too lazy to go and look for it. A few days ago, however, I needed to upload Jill Williamson’s Storyworld First (which you should most definitely buy when it comes out). So, I spent about an hour hunting around my room for the charger, which was NOT in my room, but in my parents' room instead. .-.
But I did find something in my room that made me maybe a little too happy.

My copy of Anne of the Island my LM Montgomery. Seriously, look at this book. I read it so much, although it’s not the worst-looking book in my AoGG collection. :3 That title belongs to Anne of Ingleside.
So I flipped through it for a while, and came across this quote.
“Averil is such an unmanageable heroine. She will do and say things I never meant her to. Then that spoils everything that went before and I have to write it all over again.”
Hey, wait a second…that sounds really familiar...
OH. That’s what I go through all the time with my characters! No wonder I loved these so much. :3
After that I started looking through all my old books that I’ve shelved on the teeny-tiny shelf up top that only they will fit on.
So. OLD BOOKS. YAY.  
Unfortunately, NOT the old books I get at used bookstores, but...

  Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery.
I guess you were expecting that one. I mean, I did just spend all that time up there talking about the third book in the series. ;) But out of all my books that are worn down from years of rereading, Anne of Green Gables definitely gets first place.

      Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan.

…I did say they were all in pretty bad condition, you know.
I think I read these sometime in 4th grade.  And right now, I’m waiting on the Blood of Olympus to release this October (please hurry up, Uncle Rick. I need the last book.)
Percy was a sarcastic little dork, and I loved that. I loved Annabeth Chase and I loved the whole atmosphere of Camp Half-Blood. I think I subconsciously decided to use ballpoint pens more after reading those.  I honestly could go on forever about Percy Jackson, because I still love these books as much as I did 5 years ago.
And besides PJO, Rick Riordan wrote everything I read in 5th and 6th grade. The Heroes of Olympus, The Kane Chronicles, the Demigod Files…<3 

American Girl Mysteries
These are all the AG books I ever owned.
Hahaha.
Haha.
That’s funny.
A few months ago I went through and cleaned out my shelves, and a lot of my AG mysteries went bye-bye. These are just my favorites: Samantha, Kit, and Molly.
American Girl mysteries are pretty much just the doll-characters solving mysteries and such with their best friends in their respective time period. One of the Molly books I remembered involved a German family that had been good friends with Molly’s family for years, and were taken to the internment camps.
Dear America…/My Name is America
Ohmygosh. These books. <3 Fictional diaries of people in different time periods? Along with a tiny history lesson in the back? Oh yes. These were a favorite.
Oh, look,  PAIN.
I’ve never actually owned any of these (*cries*)  mostly because the library had most of them and it’s maybe (maybe) 10 minutes away from our house.  Dear America were usually about girls and My Name is America were typically guys, I think.
One of my favorites (and one that I’m still really sad about) is a Dear America on the Titanic. Owwwww. 
(spoiler alert: the love interest dies)
(but at least he didn’t die Jack-style.)
(sorrynotsorry)

The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart.
I wanted to be in the Mysterious Benedict Society so much when I read these. I still do, actually. xD
[picture of mbs books]
Oh gosh. How do I even describe these.
They’re kids books, but honestly, anyone can (and should) read them. If only for Constance Contraire, read them.
Mr. Benedict is a fabulous old man with narcolepsy and he’s basically my favorite character in the entire series.  <3
And the plot?
The plot revolves around 4 clever children who passed several tests in the first book and now get to live with Mr. Benedict and Rhonda and solve mysteries and yeah. These books are special. <3

Honorable Mentions:

The 39 Clues Series
Harry Potter (because I read these still today and refuse to admit they ended)
Jane Eyre (Illustrated Classics Edition)
Where the Red Fern Grows
Artemis Fowl 
That’s it for now. J I hope to be back sometime next week with a review of Storyworld First! 

~Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a thought on this post?