Friday, September 5, 2014

Review: Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein

Wow.
I mean, wow.
I…hang on, give me a moment. I need to try and get some coherent thoughts together.


Okay, I think I’m ready.
via
Code Name Verity, where do I start?
Do I tell you all about the characters and how insanely real they felt? Do I talk about how heartbreakingly realistic Julie is? Do I mention the tears that now stain my library’s copy of this book?
Eventually.
Code Name Verity is the story of friendship. The Book Thief may have been about a girl who loved words but this book is about people who love each other deeply and like family. It’s the story of two girls who somehow ended up being best friends and even though they were separated by miles and miles and the Chateau de Bourreaux remains so.
I don’t know what else to say about this book, honestly. I’m not going to in-depth because that will require spoilers and I want people who haven’t read this to see it and hopefully be convinced to read it because it is so worth it
I wouldn’t even think about giving this less than five stars. I’m a mess of emotions right now and I don’t really want to start another book, I’d rather sit here and mope for a few days. I loved the friendship between Queenie and Maddie and really everyone in this book.
I love this book.
I love it.

And I think you will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a thought on this post?