Friday, May 1, 2015

64,000 Words Later

Story time, guys.
It's the beginning of the month. I'm hopeful and sort-of on target, maybe a bit behind, but hey, no biggie, right? I can catch up, totally. And I'll still be blogging once a week with an update like I said I would.
But wait!
I get sick.
Twice.
Family stuff happens quite a lot.
And I'm steadily getting more and more behind.
At this point I'm not thinking about my blog (sorry, guys), only thinking of catching up and getting ahead on my word count so I don't have the NaNo sight mocking me and saying I'll finish on May 11th at this rate. (The joke's on it, guys. I broke 60k a day and a half early.)
So anyways. This NaNo wasn't quite as carefree as November's; maybe it's because my word count was 10k higher?
I don't know. But even though I completely failed the blogging thing this month, I did some stinking awesome things writing-wise.
I wrote just under 3k as much words as I did last November, and in less time.
I accidentally made the book bigger (like, 15-20k bigger .-.).
I seriously developed some of my minor characters.
Foreshadowing, guys. I can totally see the advantages of actually knowing what's happening and when in your story now. Foreshadowing rocks.
Dramaaaaaaaa.

However, I've still got a bit left to write. Well. I say a bit. 20k is my lowest estimate, but I'm scared it's going to end up closer to 30k. Ow.
Oh, did I mention? I've got to have this done by the 5th. Hahahhaahahahahaha *cries*
That's roughly 4-6,000 words a day for the next 5 days.
That's going to hurt.
I don't even want to think about that.
But I've got the weekend to get ahead, I suppose.

So. 64,000 words later, here I am. I have an almost finished second draft and a renewed love for this story that I'm sticking with all summer long. I'm quite proud of myself.

I'll see you all after typing The End for the second time.



(Also look, I made a shiny MBTI type chart for my characters.)
Who are you? I'm the same as Samantha.



3 comments:

  1. Wow, 64,000 words! That's amazing! XD Congrats, Emma! Great post, BTW. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. High five for also being an INFP! :D You're making me really want to read your book now! :P These characters look so great!

    ReplyDelete

Got a thought on this post?